Mommy Makeovers - Dallas, Fort Worth, Southlake
You love your kids, right? We are guessing that you feel less affectionate about the effects of pregnancy on your body… mommy makeovers in Dallas / Fort Worth are popular procedures that address the areas most commonly affected by pregnancy—namely your breasts and tummy. In one procedure, you can restore breast fullness and perkiness, a flatter tummy and a smaller waist.
MOMMY MAKEOVER - TUMMY TIGHTENING
Many moms turn to plastic surgery for a tighter, flatter tummy and slimmer waistline. If you have loose skin, the only reliable way to tighten it is with a tummy tuck. Non-invasive skin tightening devices are in their infancy and do not work very well, in my opinion. Nothing compares to the tightening ability of a tummy tuck, also known as an abdominoplasty.
There are some big advantages to a tummy tuck:
1. Removes extra skin to make tummy skin a lot tighter (usually) without folds or overhanging skin.
2. Flattens the inner core layer by pulling the six pack muscles back together—these get stretched apart when moms are pregnant.
3. Can reshape your waist circumferentially when combined with 360 Lipo (circumferential core liposuction).
4. Removes stretch marks on much of the tummy.
The biggest disadvantage, at first, from the perspective of most moms is the scar; however, the scar is so low it can be concealed in a bikini or panties by most patients. It also fades significantly over time. Once moms see the flat, tight tummy and better belly button, the scar is not a concern. If you are willing to trade your loose skin, stretch marks and tummy bulge for a scar you can hide, you may be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.
Considerations before making the decision (diet, fitness, weight (after giving birth) lifestyle, risks etc.
When you have your tummy tuck, you’ll want to set aside adequate time to recover. Moms will need help with young children for the first 2-3 weeks. Fortunately, you are never stuck in bed and you will be walking the day of your procedure. Most women can drive within 5-10 days after a tummy tuck. Avoid lifting over 10 pounds for 6 weeks. Light cardio is possible after 3 weeks and strength training or yoga after 6 weeks.
Timing your tummy tuck to get adequate recovery time according to the recommendations above is essential to heal well. If you are planning a vacation or special event (weddings, etc.), I recommend that you give at least 6 weeks of time to make sure you are healed. Most moms feel like they look good in a bikini around 6 weeks after their tummy tuck, although times vary person to person. Be sure to use a lot of sunblock, as your tummy skin will be more prone to sunburn in the first year after abdominoplasty.
Factors that influence a successful makeover
There are several important factors that affect your final shape and result:
The amount and distribution of excess skin
- Moms with a small amount of skin isolated to the lower tummy may be a candidate for a mini tummy tuck. This shorter scar procedure tightens below the belly button.
- If you have loose skin above and below your belly button, a full tummy tuck will tighten your entire tummy.
- If you have loose skin all the way around your waist from loosing significant weight, a body lift may give you a better result. This is essentially a tummy tuck that goes around the entire body.
- If you have a lot of extra skin in the flank area, a vertical scar, in addition to the side to side tummy tuck scar, may significantly improve your shape and resulting tightness.
The amount and distribution of subcutaneous fat
- Extra fat under your skin makes you look thicker and a tummy tuck improves that to some degree; however, if you have a relatively thick layer of fat under your tummy skin there are great options. Liposuction can remove a lot of that fat when combined with your tummy tuck to get a better, flatter result.
The amount of inside-the-tummy (visceral) fat
- Visceral fat is the fat around your liver, intestines and other internal organs. Plastic surgeons cannot remove this safely. The only way to reduce fat inside your abdomen is through weight loss. Excess visceral fat restricts a plastic surgeon’s ability to bring the six-pack muscles back together, limiting the flattening power of the procedure. We can help you with weight loss options before surgery if this is the case, ensuring a better result.
- Your hips and rib cage significantly affect the shape of your abdomen and waistline. Although we cannot change your bone structure, we can use liposuction and fat injection to enhance your waist and curves to maximize your waist to hip ratio.
Vennemeyer Plastic Surgery has a tremendous amount of experience with moms post pregnancy wanting to get their pre-pregnancy looks back. We hope this information helps you understand the issues and the possibilities with your procedures. We know it doesn't answer every question you might have that is why we suggest a consultation. If you live in Dallas, Fort Worth or anywhere within driving distance, we'd be happy to discuss with you in person some of the procedures associated with the mommy makeover. Call us today! You won't regret it.
Back to articles about the Mommy Makeover - Dallas / Fort Worth / South Lake
- Abdominoplasty (1)
- Breast Augmentation (4)
- Breast Implants (1)
- Breast Lift (4)
- Liposuction (4)
- Midsection (1)
- Mommy Makeover (4)
- Tummy Tightening (1)
- Tummy Tuck (3)